Skip Navigation
Click to go to the home page
Click to go to the home page
This table is used for column layout.

County Ethics CommissionState Attorney Fraud ReportingFBI Public Corruption


Sandra Novoa, MMC
Public Records Custodian
Town of Surfside
9293 Harding Avenue
Surfside, FL 33154
Telephone: 305-861-4863
Fax: 305-861-1302

Under Florida Law, e-mail addresses
are public records. If you do not want your
email address released in response to a
public records request, do not send
electronic mail to this entity.
 Instead, contact this office
by phone or in writing.

Frequently Asked Questions
Can I view “public records” on the Town Clerk’s Web Site?

Ordinances, resolutions, motions, marked agendas and verbatim minutes for Commission meetings from October 9, 2003 to the present can be viewed through our web site.

Where can I find out more about public records laws and the Florida Sunshine Law?

Click here for “Overview of the Sunshine and Public Record Laws – July 2007”

What are the dates, times and location for Town Commission meetings?

The Town Commission meets the 2nd Tuesday of each month.  The meetings are held in the Town Commission Chambers located at 9293 Harding Avenue, Second Floor, Surfside, Florida, and they begin at 7:00 p.m.  Meeting dates are subject to change. 

The Town observes the following legal holidays:

New Year’s Day – January 1st
Martin Luther King Jr. Day – the third Monday in January
Presidents’ Day – the third Monday in February
Memorial Day – the last Monday in May
Labor Day – the first Monday in September
Veteran’s Day – November 11th
Thanksgiving Day – the fourth Thursday in November
Day After Thanksgiving – the fourth Friday in November
Christmas Day – December 25th


How do I request an absentee ballot?

Contact the Miami-Dade County Elections Department at 305-499-8683or visit their website at

Where do I vote?

Town of Surfside Commission Chambers, 9293 Harding Avenue, 2nd Floor, Surfside, Florida.

When are Town Commission meeting agendas, and packets posted on the website?

Commission meeting agendas and agenda packets are posted late in the afternoon on the Wednesday prior to a Commission meeting.

How do I make a public records request?

Contact the Office of the Town Clerk at 305 861-4863 or click here to download and complete out a public records request form.

Who are the Town’s Elected Officials and how do I contact them?

Click here for Town Commission information.

How do I address the Commission regarding items on the agenda?

Fill out a form for addressing the Town Commission and give it to the Town Clerk prior to the start of the meeting.  The Town Clerk will deliver the form to the Mayor and he/she will call you to the podium when the item is discussed.

How do I know when Town boards and committees are meeting?

All meetings and events are posted to the Town meetings calendar and the community calendar on the Town’s website.  Meetings are also posted on the bulletin board outside of Town Hall.

How can I be appointed to an advisory board?
If you are interested in volunteering your time by serving on a Town Board contact your elected officials.  Click here for an application.

When are general municipal elections held?

General municipal elections are held on the third Tuesday in March of all even numbered calendar years.