Under the supervision of the Parks and Recreation Superintendent, assists with athletic and recreational programs as well as general park duties.
The preferred candidate must be able to:
- Teach recreational fundamentals as required and enforce policies, rules, and safety regulations for participants
- Assist the children in learning crafts, athletics, games, and teamwork
- Perform various duties involving the issuance, receipt, storage and inventory of recreational equipment, games, and craft supplies
- Work with the public
- Work special events, youth/adult programming
- Perform light clerical duties
- Oversee and assist in maintaining Parks and Recreation facilities
- Have good customer service skills
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualified candidates must be at least a high school senior or above. A comparable amount of training, education or experience can be substituted for the minimum qualifications. Candidates must have general knowledge of Parks & Recreation Fundamentals, must be able to enforce Department and Town polices, rules, and safety regulations for participants. Flexible schedule is required. Salary: $11.22 per hour DOQ/E.
Open until filled. Submit resume to Town of Surfside, Human Resources at 9293 Harding Avenue Surfside, FL 33154; e-mail to email@example.com, or fax to (305) 861-1302.
The Town of Surfside is an Equal Opportunity / Drug Free Workplace Employer. Veterans’ preference will be awarded under applicable Florida Law. All resumes are subject to Florida Public Records Laws.