From the Office of Miami-Dade County Commissioner Sally A. Heyman
SAVE money by reducing your energy bill with home improvements now available through the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
Miami-Dade County Community Action and Human Services Department (CAHSD) is accepting applications for the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP).
The Weatherization Assistance Program strengthens the health and safety of homes while also increasing the energy efficiency for year round comfort at No Cost
to the homeowner.
Based on a comprehensive Energy Audit, listed below are measures the County may be able to address and/or test through the Weatherization assistance Program:
- Energy Recovery Ventilators
- Bathroom exhaust fans.
- Kitchen exhaust fans
- Applying air sealing techniques such as, weather stripping, thresholds and caulking
- Minor repairs to walls, ceilings and floors
- Repair windows and doors
- Install attic insulation
- Install window solar films
- Repair or replace inefficient cooling units
- Repair or replace water heaters
- Indoor air quality test