The Stay-Home order has been lifted. However, if you must pick up essentials at the store, then be sure to use these strategies to reduce your exposure to coronavirus:
- Designate one person from your household to do the shopping.
- Wear a facial covering which is mandatory.
- Go shopping at a time that’s less busy.
- Take alcohol-based hand sanitizer with you to clean your hands.
- Wipe the cart handles with a disinfectant wipe before shopping.
- Minimize the amount of products and items that you touch while in the store.
- Use a credit or debit card. Try not to hand over bills or receive change. Use your own pen to sign receipts or use a virtual payment system like Apple Pay.
PRO TIP: To minimize your exposure to other people, try using a delivery service, such as Instacart, Amazon Prime and Shipt. Avoid a direct hand off by having the bags left by your door and also tip the driver electronically. Here is a tutorial on how to use Instacart.
BUYING IN BULK: The "Florida Farm to You" website connects Florida farmers and seafood suppliers with potential buyers. It is run by Florida's Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. To register as a grower or to see what's available for purchase, visit this page.