Under the administrative direction of the Town Clerk, performs advance secretarial and clerical work for the Office of the Town Clerk. Assists in developing, planning, organizing and managing the Office of the Town Clerk.
The preferred candidate must be able to:
- Provide assistance and support to Town Boards, Committees and Sub-committee meetings by assisting with meeting attendance, meeting recording and preparation of minutes.
- Attend all Commission meetings.
- Prepare Town Boards, Committee and Sub-committee meeting agenda and materials for distribution with staff liaison collaboration.
- Post Town Boards, Committee, Sub-committee meetings notice pursuant to Ch. 286 F.S. and procedures established by the Office of the Town Clerk
- Disseminate information to Town Boards, Committee and Sub-committee members and their staff liaison.
- Maintain and manage all advisory board records.
- Assist Town Clerk with coordination of agenda documents including scheduling of Town Commission, Town Board, Committee and Sub-committee meetings.
- Assist the Town Clerk with the management and retention of public records.
- Assist with responding and tracking of public records requests.
- Assist with the processing of proposals/bids received in response to public solicitation.
- Attend bid openings and processes information.
- Assist Town Clerk in the management of the election process.
- Maintain and Manage all Town contracts and agreements.
- Responsible for all the activities of the Office of the Town Clerk in the absence of the Town Clerk.
- Answer calls for the Office of the Town Clerk.
- Preform other related duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates must possess an Associate Degree (A.A) in public administration, business or related field supplemented by three (3) years’ experience in progressively responsible related governmental administrative work. Prior work in a municipal clerk’s office and certified municipal clerk (CMC) is desirable. A comparable amount of training, education or experience can be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
Flexible schedule is required. Open until filled. Salary range: $45,910 - $68,865 DOQ/E. Excellent benefits.
Submit resume, salary history and cover letter to:
Town of Surfside, Human Resources Director
9293 Harding Avenue
Surfside, FL 33154
You may e-mail your resume, salary history and cover letter to email@example.com, or fax to 305.861.1302.
The Town of Surfside is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Veterans’ preference will be awarded under applicable Florida Law. All resumes are subject to Florida Public Records Laws.
Click here for the job description
Click here for the employment application