Who do I have to call to get a restraining order?
To obtain a restraining order, contact the Community Action and Human Services Department-Coordinated Victim Assistance Program at 305.285.5900. The center is located at 2400 South Dixie Highway, Miami, Fl 33133 and open Monday through Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.

How can I get a copy of my report?
Copies of police reports are available Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Traffic accident crash reports are available on the Police Department’s home page under the Traffic Crash Report link.

Why do two officers respond to alarm calls?
The possibility that a perpetrator is still on the premises demands that two officers respond for their safety. Even when the alarm holder advises an alarm company that an alarm was accidental and provides a proper code, he may be doing so under duress.

Does the Police Department provide a fingerprinting service for the public?
The Police Department provides fingerprinting services for Surfside residents only at no charge. The service is available Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. A fingerprint card and photo identification must be provided by the resident to complete the process.

Are you hiring Police Officers?
Please visit the Human Resources section of the website under employment opportunities or contact the Police Department for more information.

How do I place a watch order on my home?
To place a watch order, you can come to the station and fill out a watch order form or contact the Police Department at 305.861.4862 and your information may be taken over the phone. The watch order form is also available under the Documents and Forms link on the Police Department’s home page.

Do I have to wait 24 hours before making a Missing Persons call?
If the victim is a juvenile or endangered in some way, we take the call immediately. If the victim is an adult and suspicious circumstances do not exist, we recommend that you wait 24 hours.

What makes a person or a vehicle "suspicious"?
What is "suspicious" is a subjective decision on the part of the caller. Manner of dress, for example, may indicate a worker hired by a resident while an actual burglar may be attired in a 3-piece-suit. A person apparently loitering for some length of time, peering into cars, on private property attempting to find concealment would be suspicious. Always call the police.

What is the "noise" policy?
If you have a noise complaint, call the Police Department. An officer will respond and investigate. The officer will document the complaint and refer it to the Code Compliance Department. The officer may also issue a warning or citation, if necessary.

How do I report a crime?

  • Dial 911 for emergencies.
  • For non-emergencies, call 305.861.4862

Where can I check to see if there is a Sexual Predator in my neighborhood?
Visit the Florida Department of Law Enforcement website to check on sexual offenders and predators. You may even signup to receive e-mail alerts when a registered sexual offender or predator moves into your neighborhood.

How can I obtain neighborhood crime activity?
To obtain information on crime activity in my neighborhood, visit CrimeReports.com or it is also located on the Police Department home page under the Monthly Reports link.

How do I hire a Police Officer for off duty security?
You can call the police department at 305.861.4862 and request an off duty police officer. The off duty police detail coordinator will follow up with your request.

What can I do about speeding vehicles on my street?
Call the Police Department at 305.861.4862. A police officer will respond. The police officer will request a speed enforcement detail to be assigned on your street, if needed.